NFC is a simple technology that allows two electronic devices to ‘talk’ to each other wirelessly at close range. If your smartphone/tablet device has NFC installed, it will allow you to automatically connect to your blood glucose meter to send and receive your results.
The new GlucoMen Areo blood glucose meter utilises NFC technology for Quicklink, to help you manage your diabetes better.
QuickLink will enable you to automatically download your entire meter memory into the free logbook app GlucoLog Lite, on a smartphone/tablet device, simply by holding them back-to-back!
Results can be emailed directly to your HCP or carer, who receives the information directly into their smartphone/tablet or PC. Ideal for when extra advice or support is needed between clinic visits e.g. in an emergency, on holiday, or when you are sick.
Install the dedicated GlucoMen app onto your mobile device and you will be able to:
Please Note: QuickLink is currently compatible with Android, Windows and Blackberry operating systems, however some devices may not have NFC installed, depending or your device model. If you don’t see the settings options described below, then it is unlikely that your device is compatible.
The battery on an Android device contains a built-in NFC antenna. Handle the battery carefully to avoid damaging the NFC antenna.
1) On the Apps screen, tap Settings
2) Select NFC option and then tap the NFC On-Off switch in the top right corner to activate it.
3) Tap and hold the back of the Android device flat against the back of the GlucoMen Areo to activate the connection.
1) In the App list, tap Settings
2) Tap NFC, and then do one of the following:
• Turn on Tap to share to enable NFC sharing and pairing.
• Turn on Tap to pay to enable NFC transactions, if your phone supports it.
3) Tap and hold the back of the windows device flat against the back of the GlucoMen Areo to activate the connection.
1) From the top of the homescreen, swipe down.
2) Tap SETTINGS ICON then Network Connections then select NFC.
3) Set the NFC Connectivity switch to ON.
4) Tap and hold the back of the Blackberry device flat against the back of the GlucoMen Areo to activate the connection.
QuickLink™ connectivity is not currently supported by Apple iPhone or iPad devices. Updates will follow when they become available.
Berkshire website design company